At Crichton Consulting we are committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information. The following statement explains how we manage your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
How we collect your personal information
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you is the information included in your application or resume, for example, your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, career history, details of any competency tests or other information relating to your career.
Where practical we collect your personal information directly from you. We may collect personal information about you when you deal with us by telephone, fax, e-mail or visit our website.
In some circumstances, we may also collect sensitive information about you such as information about your membership of a professional or trade association or trade union; your health (including disability), your racial or ethnic origin or any criminal record that you may have. Where we collect this type of information we will obtain your consent.
We collect personal information for any one or more of the following purposes:
- Assisting you in finding or retaining work;
- Assisting in your career performance or management;
- Analysing human resource and labour markets;
- Any tests or assessments you may undertake;
- Helping in work rehabilitation;
- To facilitate services to or by us, where your organisation is a client or service provider or potential client or service provider.
There may be occassions when we obtain personal information about you from a third party; for example, from your nominated referees; when receiving the results of a psychological or competency test; or obtaining performance feedback about you work. Crichton Consulting will always endeavour to obtain authorisation from you in order to obtain personal information about you from a third party. However, if it is not reasonably practical to do so or other such similar circumstances exist.
If you do not provide us with the information we seek we may be limited in our ability to provide you with our services.
How we use and disclose your personal information
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as providing you with one of our services.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- potential employers;
- clients who may wish to engage your services as a contractor or temporary;
- organisations that conduct competency or psychometric tests;
- a workers compensation body;
- suppliers of services to us;
- our related entities;
- depending on the circumstances, to the New Zealand Police to verify whether you have a criminal record;
- or to educational vocational organisations to the extent necessary to verify your qualifications.
If we engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involves handling personal information we take reasonable steps to prohibit the contractor from using personal information except for the purposes for which it was supplied.
Keeping your personal information up-to-date
If your personal information changes please contact us and we will take such reasonable steps to update and correct the information. We may also contact you from time to time to check the information is still correct.
Security of your personal information
Your personal information may be stored in hardcopy or electronically. We have security procedures in place to protect your personal information.
Level 4, 199-201 Cashel Street, PO Box 13689, Christchurch, New Zealand Phone: +64 (3) 377 3003 Fax: +64 (3) 366 3769